(Tyrant Syndicate / Peaceville Records)
ABSCESS strike back with a brand new, killer album. The morbid alliance of Reifert / Coralles (under the ABSCESS moniker) returns to bring forth another gem of pure sickness. The days of "Urine Junkies" are gone for good (although such a turn was evident in their last couple of albums) only to get replaced (again) by visions of shivering death. And in the case of ABSCESS we deal with a seminal band in delivering aural horror. Still, "Horrorhammer" is not a Death Metal album per se. Its main core is Metal but there are loads of Doom Metal as well as Punk influences in it which are - of course - performed in a totally morbid / sick way. The twisting guitars spit out riff after riff, the whole album is delivered in a suffocating mid-tempo while the fucked up vocals lead the way. The closest parallelism I could think of "Horrorhammer" is that of a reanimated rotten corpse surrounded by a stench of decay and filth. This album is supposed to make you feel unpleasant. And in the case of "Horrorhammer" that feels good, really good... www.tyrantsyndicate.com, www.abscessfreaks.com.
- ABSCESS - Bourbon, Blood And Butchery - by Luis M. L. Sallard
- ABSCESS - Dawn Of Inhumanity - by Matthias Auch
- ABSCESS / BONESAW - Split CD - by Alfonso Perez
- ABSCESS - Thirst For Blood, Hunger For Flesh - by Frank Stöver
- ABSCESS - Through The Cracks Of Death - by Edouard Vergriete
- ABSCESS - Tormented - by Hacker