BELFEGOR
The Kingdom Of Glacial Palaces
(WWIII Music / Mercenary Musik)
46:00min

I’m not very much into extreme high speed Black Metal because usually those bands seem to be only concerned about how fast they can be and therefore don’t realize that it needs more than speed to play good music. It’s the same with BELFEGOR. They’re good at what they’re doing and fans of MARDUK, IMMORTAL and DARK FUNERAL will probably like this album (it personally reminds me a lot on IMMORTAL’s "Pure Holocaust" – Frank). But BELFEGOR don’t really reach the class of the aforementioned acts and so does the production: it’s okay but not really convincing (actually, the snare sound sucks!). Only the last track called ‘Somewhere Beyond This Reality’ shows how good a Black Metal song can be. For me this is not enough! What a pity "The Kingdom…" doesn’t come out on vinyl, because the artwork is truely excellent (I like castles anyway)! If you go for the album, try to get a big poster as well, it’s definitely worth it! Still, this is an album for maniacs only! But those will probably have a really good time.

Ramon Claassen

Ramon Claassen

Leave a Reply