CONSPIRACY
Reincarnated
(Pulverised Records)
41:06min

Originated in the Ukraine, but relocated to the Netherlands, CONSPIRACY is a one man band, lead by Carpathian Wolf, who managed to see his demo re-recorded (some of the material dates from 1988 I think) via Singapur’s Pulverised Records. In my opinion, they did a good thing, because, although lacking in a big production, the songs of this album are more than good. Let’s say the base of it all is fast and melodic Black Metal with big influences from the Swedish scene of the beginning of the nineties (and nothing in common with its country’s usual Black Metal bands). But this guy also puts a lot of Heavy and Thrash Metal riffs into it which gives it a fantastic eighties flavour (I think the resemblance of the name of the band with a King Diamond album is not only a coincidence), with really cool and catchy riffs together with more brutal ones, cold melodies and dark passages and the high-pitched vocals giving the whole the final dose of rage. Furthermore, the execution of it all is really well done, as much for the guitars as for the vocals, and that doesn’t mean the drums are not ok. But if there’s something I don’t like too much on this CD it is the fact that the drums are done with a machine (although without an excessive synthetic sound, by the way), which sometimes is not so bad, but in this case it damages the atmosphere of the tracks a bit and adds too much low frequencies to it. To end with it, I’ll just say that, having recorded it all by himself, mister Carpathian Wolf can be proud ot his work, I’m sure that the successor will be an excellent piece of Metal. Ah, I forgot, the album comes with a great cover of well-known nineties Death Metal specialized cover artist Dan Seagrave. www.pulverised.net

Jeroni Sancho

Jeroni Sancho

Leave a Reply