CRUCIAMENTUM
Convocation Of Crawling Chaos
(self-financed)
18:34min

Already in 2008 CRUCIAMENTUM released their first demo in form of a CD-R including just one song. This song called ‘Rotten Flesh Crucifix’ is included on this second demo tape as final song here and it’s the perfect finish for a great demotape. Demotape – that’s the keyword here. CRUCIAMENTUM spreads this demorecording as tape and strictly limited. Perhaps I should add here at the beginning of this review that this recording is close to be sold out. Better be fast if you are interested. Talking about this demotape now. Starting with a good but not really necessary intro it features four tunes of Death Metal, a spiked fist in the face of trendy Death Metal to quote the band. It’s brutal Death Metal offered here, neither typically American nor Finish considering such bands as DEMIGOD or ABHORRENCE and definitely not Swedish sounding. I would describe the band as a mix of American and old Finish Death Metal, though this is far from being necessary to talk about if you ask me as this is one damned killer tape with the highest form of Death Metal brutality offered here and for a band at this early stages I can only say that I’m highly impressed. Currently I’m listening to the above mentioned ‘Rotten Flesh Crucifix’, the last almost 7 minutes long song on the tape and this one offers everything which a Death Metal fan can request. This is an outstanding track, many bands would kill for such a song if you ask me. Nuclear Winter Records already recognized the quality of this band and signed them straight away. Better be fast to get this soon to be classic. If you ask me you should get in touch with CRUCIAMENTUM now via their myspace page at www.myspace.com/cruciamentumuk

Thomas Ehrmann

Thomas Ehrmann

CRUCIAMENTUM
Convocation Of Crawling Chaos
(Nuclear Winter Records)
18:29min

The 2nd demo of UK based CRUCIAMENTUM is still a goodie, even 2 years after the official release. Back then the original tape was limited to 300 pro-printed copies, so finally Greeks finest Death Metal underground label Nuclear Winter took over the duties in spreading the plague on 10" vinyl and MCD format. Expect no additional tracks, but at least it comes up with a different coverartwork done by A. Brown. After listening to the demo once more I’m still convinced that it fits the chaos perfectly. Expect a furious mixture of mighty INCANTATION, early IMMOLATION, early MORBID ANGEL and DRAWN AND QUARTERED combined with some minor Black Metal influences, some slowed down Doom and a few dark, atmospheric melodies. Truely rough, blasphemic and evil sounding material! About the backround of CRUCIAMENTUM you should know that the line-up gathers members of UK’s occult sickso GRAVE MIASMA as well. Actually CRUCIAMENTUM don’t sound like the typical retro clone band. This demo reeks of dark dedication, so hopefully there will be some new material out soon!!! Those who have not seen them on their passed tour with SONNE ADAM or totally missed this recording, know what to do: buy or die!!! www.nuclearwinterrecords.com

Ralf Hauber

Ralf Hauber

Related reviews / interviews:
CRUCIAMENTUM - Charnel Passages (Mauricio "Rusty" Sanchez)
CRUCIAMENTUM - Engulfed In Desolation (Nathan Shapiro)
CRUCIAMENTUM - Interview (Mauricio "Rusty" Sanchez)

Leave a Reply