CRUCIFYRE
Infernal Earthly Divine
(Blood Harvest Records)
41:36min

It seems funny to me that I need a hell lot of time to write CRUCIFYRE reviews. I already took a while when I got their great demo "Thessalonian Death Cult" and now for their great debut album "Infernal Earthly Divine" I took even longer. The strange thing is that a review for a release like this is quite easy to write. We have great SLAYER-worshipping Swedish Death Metal – that’s how I would describe the songs featured here. For sure it’s not that easy, but the dominant SLAYER-influence can’t be ignored and shouldn’t as this kind of influence performed that charming is just great. Not only SLAYER but the old flair of how Swedish Death Metal has to sound in its early days can be followed here, too, though that’s nothing too surprising as CRUCIFYRE features former members of those acts as MORBID, AFFLICTED, CREMATORY or GENERAL SURGERY. This is cult performed in the best possible way and fuck off those craving for originality, CRUCIFYRE are outstanding anyway and this is a great release from its beginning to its end. While the CD version was released through Pulverised Records I’m talking in my review about the LP version released through our beloved label Blood Harvest Records. This LP shows us the great old SLAYER-like cover painting presented on a gatefold sleeve. What else can you asking for? "Infernal Earthly Divine" gets my full support and I deeply apologize for being so fuckin’ late with my review. But perhaps this review is a nice reminder for those forgetting to check out this release at the first place. And in this moment I listen to the melodic midtempo part at the end of the song ‘Hail Satan’ and feel satisfied finally finishing this review. Worth your support and available from www.bloodharvest.se.

Thomas Ehrmann

Thomas Ehrmann

Related reviews / interviews:
CRUCIFYRE - Post Vulcanic Black (Randolph Whateley)
CRUCIFYRE - Thessalonian Death Cult (Thomas Ehrmann)
CRUCIFYRE - Black Magic Fire (Alfonso Perez)

Leave a Reply