CHILDREN OF DOOM
Doom, Be Doomed, Ör Fuck Off
(Emanes Metal Records)
42:08min

Rockin’, old school, strongly alcohol-smelling and dirty sounding Doom Metal from this French trio, consisting of three brothers that want to hide their real names behind somewhat unique yet even funny artist names, as B.B.F. (on vocals and guitar), Reinheitsgebot (on bass) and Vincent Mc Doom (on drums).  This band is CHILDREN OF DOOM, and the band’s debut studio album, having 6 songs and 42-minutes in length, is actually a surprisingly fun and entertaining package to listen to, especially when you share it with some good company, accompanied with a few pints of refrigerator-chilled beer naturally too. This French bunch offers a very easy listen with their sort of early proto-ish Doom Metal sound, in which such acts as Californian SAINT VITUS and Chicago’s own maestros of Doom PENTAGRAM, have left a trace or two for – and in which some tiny elements for such bands as late 70s JUDAS PRIEST (check out ‘Technophobia’), MOTÖRHEAD (the overall dirtiness and rockiness in their sound) and even DANZIG (B.B.F.’s wailing vocals and articulation all in all, make me think of Glen Danzig every once in a while) can also be tracked down. This is good shit for what it is – and not even the last song on this record, titled ‘…Mia’s Desert…’, which is a 12-minute instrumental song, can ruin the fact CHILDREN OF DOOM is here for us to rock our socks off. Funny, after spinning this – kind of seriously addictive record a few times back and forth, I started to feel a strange yet even heavily forcing urgency to get some taste of beer on my dry lips. Blame it on CHILDREN OF DOOM exclusively then if they are turning me into a pitiful drunkard whenever their music intends to make occasional pit stops to my stereo system. Um, maybe I can handle that after all… www.myspace.com/childrenofdoom62, www.emanesmetalrecords.com

Luxi Lahtinen

Luxi Lahtinen

Leave a Reply