CARNAL GHOUL
The Grotesque Vault
(Remission Records)
15:53min

When our dedicated big chief Frank handed the duties to review this one to me, he praised it with the words: "Unoriginal as fuck, but still fuckin’ awesome!!!" These words were prophetic somehow, since I thought exactly the same when I heard CARNAL GHOUL for the first time. They started not until 2013, when Daniel "Mett-God" Jakobi (formerly in LAY DOWN ROTTEN) got bored by only MILKING THE GOATMACHINE and joined forces with DESASTER- and METALUCIFER-drummer Tormentor to start a band to worship the old school of Swedish Death Metal. Within only four months, CARNAL GHOUL recorded their first four songs and released them as an EP. And what a great offering they recorded! After an acoustic intro, ‘The Grotesque Vault’ takes the left hand path and sets in with guitars that sound like extremely rotten flesh. You really get torn apart by the power of these gentle exhuming riffs! ‘Ripped From The Tomb’ gets you dismembered and leads you into the grave, where you lie entombed in death’s sleep. ‘Unleash The Forsaken’ will definitely leave severe burns on your skin. The guitar solo revels in your flesh and leaves you soon to be dead. When life has nearly ceased, ‘Pathologic Randomness’ finally crushes your haunted soul with its inhuman ending. But life goes on, you’re banished to live and you want nothing else than listening to the sickening art of "The Grotesque Vault" again. Besides the CD version, this EP will also be out on a vinyl 7" via High Roller Records, so get it while its hot or you’ll be fuckin’ sorry! Check out the band at: www.facebook.com/carnalghoulofficial, check out the label: www.remissionrecords.de

Thomas Meyer

Thomas Meyer

Related reviews / interviews:
CARNAL GHOUL - Back From The Vault (Vamsi Kanagovi)
CARNAL GHOUL - Interview (Thomas Meyer)

Leave a Reply