CREEPING FLESH
Rising Terror
(self-financed)
23:39min

When a Death Metal bands comes from Sweden, at least in my case I am in for something good. The style will surely fall in the AT THE GATES or ENTOMBED area… most of the time. But once in a while it is good to have a Death Metal band that sounds not like it is from Sweden. CREEPING FLESH sounds like an American Death Metal band. It has some CANNIBAL CORPSE, some MASSACRE, some OBITUARY… but played mainly in a slower tempo, a mid tempo if you will. The problem is that although sounding heavy, it also sound a bit similar. This groovy Death Metal style has always been with limitations of not using more speed variations. ‘Kill Count’ is a good example as it has a faster tempo and makes things more interesting. The band at times reminds me of JUNGLE ROT and sometimes to mid-era GRAVE but in a slower pace. This EP is the second recording released of the band, and it does show promise to greater things to come. Just spice this with speed and I will be satisfied… as a corpse without soul. www.facebook.com/creepingflesh, http://creepingflesh.bandcamp.com

Julián “Terrorize” Núñez

Julián "Terrorize" Núñez

Related reviews / interviews:
CREEPING FLESH - Into The Meat Grinder (Rick Peart)
CREEPING FLESH - Scorched (Alfonso Perez)

Leave a Reply