DAEMONS EMBRACE
Nocturnal Overture
(self-financed)
31:21min

And yet another real good band I saw at this great HIDDEN IN THE FOG / THE AWAKENING / OF TREES AND ORCHIDS (now INGURGITATING OBLIVION) / NAGELFAR gig very recently (check out all of these bands!). DAEMONS EMBRACE are playing a raw sort of Black/Thrash Metal (no keyboards) one might compare with the sound IMMORTAL are celebrating at the moment. Basically, this means: DAEMONS EMBRACE don’t go just fast-fast-fast all the time, very often they’re even kind of groovy (no “Nu” Metal shit, though) which appears to be their drummer’s fault: this guy kicks ass! Live they were really strong, moving a lot although at the moment they don’t have a bass player which leads to the next problem: “Nocturnal…” is already a bit dated and because of the line up problems they won’t be recording anything new until February 2002. Their singer and guitarist Axel told me to especially point out that this CD (good production, by the way) represents the band at a fairly early stage and yes, this can’t compete with the big names of the genre (one should name DISSECTION as an influence for the band as well), but still I think it’s not a bad idea to check out this record after all! Do I have to mention that these guys are from the scene of East Frisia / Oldenburg, Germany? I doubt so… Contact: DAEMONS EMBRACE, Ernst-Barlach-Straße 9, 26129 Oldenburg, Germany

Ramon Claassen

Ramon Claassen

Related reviews / interviews:
DAEMONS EMBRACE - Endzeit (Ramon Claassen)

Leave a Reply