DARKNESS BY OATH
Fear Yourself
(Cyclone Empire Records)
41:06min

The statement – with DARKNESS BY OATH the best Spanish Gothenburg Death Metal band enters the main stage – could mean a lot especially if Dan Swanö is supporting the fact but it could also mean nothing more than the amount of shallow words. I can’t get away from my first impression of nice but nevertheless completely mass combatable melodic Death Metal. Just imagine a mixture of the original aggressive IN FLAMES sound (before the Nuclear Blast supported hype started) and the Invasion Records armada of Swedish Metal bands (THE EVERDAWN; GATES OF ISTHAR). The Spanish band has recorded “Fear Yourself” over 18 months ago and the album can offer under best circumstances a handful of good songs (‘Echoes Of Silence’) but at the end it’s still one of dozens of average releases with some interesting parts but unfortunately nothing more. Due to the fact that the melodic Death Metal overkill is nearly on the some level as his Black brother I really doubt that this release is in the position to impress more than a handful of fresh Metal heads who never heard of a time before IN FLAMES ruled the world. www.cyclone-empire.com, www.darknessbyoath.com

Matthias Auch

Matthias Auch

Leave a Reply