DEAD CONGREGATION
Graves Of The Archangels
(NWN! Productions)
43:38min

Although this album was released in January I’m sure this will be one of the top Death Metal albums in 2008. I have absolutely no doubts about this. The band’s first sign of life, the demo / MCD “Purifying Consecrated Ground”, already proved the quality of this Greek horde but “Graves Of The Archangels” catapults DEAD CONGREGATION on the top of the Death Metal Olympus where such gods as INCANTATION and IMMOLATION reign supreme. Hell yeah, “Graves Of The Archangels” is truly a masterpiece of dark and unholy art. This is blasphemous Death Metal at its best. If you need a description of their style I would name just one band: INCANTATION. Don’t get me wrong, DEAD CONGREGATION is anything else but a copy cat, they just play a comparable style of sinister, obscure and unholy brutality with dark, deep, brutal and punchy vocals. And I’m sure every INCANTATION worshipper will love those Greek fiends. “Graves Of The Archangels” starts with the instrumental ‘Martydoom’ which is such a god damned brilliant overture for the sacrilegious storm which follows. ‘Source Of Fire’ and the title track are my current faves but there is absolutely no weak tune on this album, just everything is first class. I also really like the production of this album. It sounds really brutal and very natural. Especially the drums sound is great and the guitars shred your ears. That’s how a Death Metal album should sound. Don’t be a fool, get your fingers on “Graves Of The Archangels” immediately. Buy!!! www.nwnprod.com

Hacker

Hacker

Related reviews / interviews:
DEAD CONGREGATION - Sombre Doom (Hacker)
DEAD CONGREGATION - Split (Lem Lycurgus)
DEAD CONGREGATION - Purifying Consecrated Ground (Stefan Franke)
DEAD CONGREGATION - Promulgation Of The Fall (Stefan Franke)
DEAD CONGREGATION - Split (Jason Campbell)
DEAD CONGREGATION - Interview (Alfonso Perez)
DEAD CONGREGATION - Interview (Jason Campbell)

Leave a Reply