DEATHCHAIN
Death Eternal
(Dynamic Arts Records)
42:21min

If a band like DEATHCHAIN is in the position to enter the Finnish charts on the 13th position it’s maybe not the most astonishing fact (taking the small population into account) but it could be a proof of quality (have a look at all the crap that enters the German charts… does that indicate quality??? – Frank). DEATHCHAIN released three albums since 2002 with a more or less heavy impact on the scene. Honestly speaking I did never feel the urge to aquire one of their releases because if it comes to Death / Thrash I prefer the Swedish way of life, for example my good old friends from THE CROWN. But their latest release “Death Eternal” is starting furious with 2 neck breaking grenades. Especially the vocals can really set standards for further releases due to a high variety and the chantings at the end of ‘Titans Of Black Earth’ are really great. The whole album is an aggressive piece of black lava without any moment of rest or any single mid tempo song. If DEATHCHAIN kept this quality level over the whole album this review would be a never ending hymn of praise but “Death Eternal “is also offering some standard songs without real drive. But these 2 -3 songs are the only week points of their fourth album and the final song ‘Incantations Of Shub-Niggurath’ with some minor NILE influences brings “Death Eternal “back on track. So in total a nevertheless good release which will warm up every Metal heart during the expected frosty winter. www.deathchain.com; www.dynamicartsrecords.com

Matthias Auch

Matthias Auch

Related reviews / interviews:
DEATHCHAIN - Deadmeat Disciples (F. Cthulhu E.)

Leave a Reply