DECAPITATED
Winds Of Creation
(Wicked World / Earache Records)
40:52min

I guess this album got lost somewhere in between the wave of releases in the last months. And as I had the pleasure to get to know their musical efforts on their tour together with IMMOLATION I do not want to withhold them from your knowledge. These young guys (approximately between 17 to 20 years) from Poland are very talented and skilled musicians and come up with a brutal blast of intentse Death Metal in the old vein. Musically it is based somewhere around good old BRUTALITY, newer MONSTROSITY and later SUFFOCATION. Their songs are played very tight and convince with a lot of technical parts combined with sheer straight ahead aggression. Here and there melodic twin guitars bore into your brain, skilful guitar solos wander up and down your spine and deep’n’fast double basses massage your stomach. The brutal grunts of vocalist Sauron emerge from the deepest dungeons without becoming that kind of dog barking vocals. Drummer Vitek maltreats his drums like a whirlwind and the string section of Vogg and Martin fires one riff massacre after another upon the listener. And the sound production really supports the mercilessness of DECAPITATED. By the way, this album is ended by a cool cover version of SLAYER’s ‘Mandatory Suicide’. All in all a real Death Metal monster. Massive!

Thomas Georg

Thomas Georg

Related reviews / interviews:
DECAPITATED - Organic Hallucinosis (Mario Cubero)
DECAPITATED - Anticult (Michael Kujawska)
DECAPITATED - The Negation (F. Cthulhu E. )
DECAPITATED - Nihility (Edouard Vergriete)
DECAPITATED - The First Damned (Edouard Vergriete)

Leave a Reply