DECAPITATED
The First Damned
(Metal Mind Productions)
55:53min

This is by no means the sophomore album from DECAPITATED, but rather the reissue of their two demos, namely “Cemeteral Gardens” (1997) and “The Eye Of Horus” (1998), including two previously unreleased live tracks recorded in Poland on the Thrash’em All Festival in August 2000. You will find on “The First Damned” more or less the same tracks as on “Winds Of Creation”, the band’s debut on Wicked World / Earache. The main difference lies in the production, and I confess I favour what I hear on this CD over the production less refined and let’s say a little blurred given by Peter from VADER on “Winds Of Creation”. Here you get a crystal clear sound doing more justice to the class material on display. It is even difficult to call this demo-material considering how much the band already sounded powerful and professional on their earliest recordings. Instead of the American-style brutal sounding of “Winds…”, “The First Damned” shows blatant VADER (circa “Ultimate Incantation”) and especially CORONER influences in the riffing department. Note that the two live tracks are exceptional in quality, and perfectly executed. The CD comes with a magnificent artwork and in digipak format, and it is worth the difficulty you may encounter to find it. Contact Massive Management for more details at: kmiolek@poczta.fm, then buy and enjoy!

Edouard Vergriete

Edouard Vergriete

Related reviews / interviews:
DECAPITATED - Organic Hallucinosis (Mario Cubero)
DECAPITATED - Anticult (Michael Kujawska)
DECAPITATED - The Negation (F. Cthulhu E. )
DECAPITATED - Nihility (Edouard Vergriete)
DECAPITATED - Winds Of Creation (Thomas Georg)

Leave a Reply