DEEDS OF FLESH
Reduced To Ashes
(Unique Leader Records)
46:22min

Well, here we go. So this is the new DEEDS OF FLESH output then. Actually I wasn’t really looking forward to this event ’cause I am not so much into DEEDS’ sound. What shall I say? This output is absolutely professional. The sound is good, the guitars are brutal like hell, the drummer blasts his wicked way through these eight brand-new songs. The vocalist yells out his guts like a fucking madman. Alternating the ultimate deep voice and a bit of screaming here and there – the phrases are very rhythmical, of course. In brief – the good old DEEDS ingredients everyone loves being associated with this kind of extreme Death Metal in one way or another. What I have always liked about DEEDS is the fact that they are so awesomely tight and precise musicians – there are just no flaws whatsoever. This is observable here once more – magnificent this accurate musicianship. Otherwise, the music is more technical again, at least that is my impression. The guitar phrases are very varying and powerful. Some strong slam-parts here and there. Just right I think. Well – this output is not outstanding for me, it’s solid U.S. American style Death Metal, very fast, very brutal, well-played, well-produced, the whole lot. Thus this is a cool recording indeed, a sensible continuation of the old stuff (but in terms of the riffing it is sounding a little bit too uninspired and repetitive this time – Frank). Nothing less, nothing more. Contact: www.deedsofflesh.net

F. Cthulhu E.

F. Cthulhu E.

Related reviews / interviews:
DEEDS OF FLESH - Crown Of Souls (Stefan Franke)
DEEDS OF FLESH - Inbreeding The Anthropophagi (Hacker )
DEEDS OF FLESH - Mark Of The Legion (Hacker )

Leave a Reply