DEFLORATION
Necrotic Nightmares
(Remission Records)
38:20min

Our sympathic Thuringians don’t play with madness! Instead of that this band constantly releases one studio recording each year, since 2003. Don’t expect major changes in brutality. DEFLORATION know what they like and even “Necrotic Nightmares” is still a CANNIBAL CORPSE (‘Barbie-Cue’ is pure Cannibalism), SUFFOCATION and SINISTER worshipper mixed with some whipping and driving Thrash parts as well. Of course it’s about technics and they know how to play furious (just listen to ‘Blasphemic Intercourse’). Well, but to be critical I think there’s no major step further compared to forerunner “The Bone Collection”. I even think that the production of that one fitted to DEFLORATION better than the one on “Necrotic Nightmares”. The vocals are too ripping up-front on the new one, which is a matter of taste. Those are minor differences in these slaughterings, but most of all I still think that DEFLORATION are doing live a lot better than on their albums (thanx to lunatic frontman Uwe). Anyway it’s still a lot (!) better than many releases being labeled as brutal Death Metal nowadays and in terms of artworks Killustration Artworks finally managed to give those nice freaks a really grim and macabre horror cover – cool!!! www.myspace.com/defloration666

Hauber

Hauber

Related reviews / interviews:
DEFLORATION - The Bone Collection (Ralf Hauber)
DEFLORATION - Dripping With Blood (Stefan Franke)

Leave a Reply