DELVE
The Dead Amongst
(Nuclear Winter Records)
11:57min

Although quite short – even for a MCD – Swedish old school Death Metal maniacs DELVE’s release prior to the "Impious Sacrilege" album, which was put out under the new moniker VERMINOUS in 2003, is a excellent and hereby heartedly recommend piece of aggressive Death Metal comparable with legendary Swedish masters GROTESQUE or newer acts like KAAMOS or REPUGNANT. Only one of the four songs offered on this MCD reappeared on "Impious Sacrilege" – namely ‘Evil Blood’ – but to be honest I even prefer the version on this MCD, it sounds more raw and obscure. Something I really love about DELVE / VERMINOUS is that they deliver their vocals in this true old school style i.e. in raspy, never screechy screams – e.g bands like OBITUARY, ASPHYX, RESSURECTION, EXMORTIS did it that way and there are way too few bands who follow this tradition today. This piece of fucking Death is simply essential for everyone addicted to the traditional, brutal, dark and hellish aggressive spirit of Death Metal so many never bands fail to summon with their music. DELVE / VERMINOUS along with such mighty bands like SADISTIC INTENT, INCANTATION, FUNEBRARUM, DRAWN AND QUARTERED, MELEKTAUS, PENTACLE and some more know how to preserve the ancient essence of Death Metal and I wish there’d be more younger people getting into those sounds and not that crap some labels sell as the next big thing or dare to call "old school"… I’m starting preaching again, sorry guys, but get this CD and the VERMINOUS album, too, great stuff!!! Visit www.nuclearwinter.cjb.net for the MCD, www.xtreemmusic.com for the album and www.verminous.com for some MP3 of both releases.

Stefan Franke

Stefan Franke

Leave a Reply