DEMENTOR
Chifa Del Horror
(The Reaper Records)
15:53min

Although I am sure I have heard at least a couple of bands with the same name, this Peruvian three-piece demented Thrash Metal band is presenting a re-edition of their debut demo originally released back in 2007, now with a very professional presentation in the old tape format, with pro-printed tape, a quite simple design in black and white, including all the lyrics. The sound of this demo is quite good, if maybe the guitar sound could have been more powerful. The music style is rooted firmly on the fine South American tradition of evil Speed / Thrash Metal. References to early SLAYER, SEPULTURA, VENOM and early KREATOR will be a right way to define their sound. Mostly played at very high speed, with lyrics done and screamed in Spanish (except for one song), with topics that basically deal with drugs, whores and horror. At the end of the day, there is nothing neither new nor extremely exciting about this band, yet it is a good addition for those who crave the early sound of the aforementioned bands played with that spirit and passion that only the South Americans can put on music. This is a limited edition, so collectors of the style, will surely appreciate it. Oh, and no, do not confuse this band with the new retro Thrash fashion. This rotting ear can clearly listen that this comes from the (dying) heart and not from the youtube channel. This is the same tape label that released the killer ARTILLERIA INFERNAL demo which is surely a soon to be classic in my book, and this release proves they are going the right way. www.myspace.com/dementor, http://tapethereaperrecs.weebly.com

Julián “Horror” Núñez

Julián "Horror" Núñez

Related reviews / interviews:
DEMENTOR - God Defamer (Edouard Vergriete)
DEMENTOR - Enslave The Weak (Frank Stöver )
DEMENTOR - Interview (Frank Stöver)

Leave a Reply