DEMOLISHER
Promo 2008
(Deformation Recordings)
10:40min

The 2nd demo of Finnish DEMOLISHER manifests them to one of the most promising Death Metal acts from Finland. This is my opinion, nothing more or less. The quality of DEMOLISHER is not to show how good they can handle their instruments, how fast they can play or whatever, but to write good songs with just the right dose of use of instruments. You don’t get a wall of sound here, it’s not BOLT THROWER or CANNIBAL CORPSE, if there’s one band I’d like to compare them to then it is CARCASS between "Necroticism" and "Heartwork". You hear that those guys have a lot of musical experience and use to play in bands for several years. This 2-song demo is the follow up to their already quite good debut demo "Enter The Suffering" and is a huge development to this one. The song with the fantastic songtitle ‘Crucifix Head Crush’ makes the start and killz for the next 4 minutes in the whole Death Metal variety. The 2nd song ‘Darkness Evolution’ is a >6 minutes tune not less varied than the first one. All words are wasted here as long as you don’t check out these songs to build your own opinion about them. They are available for free download at their homepage at www.demolisher.net. Go and figure out for yourself if they deserve your support. If you ask me this is the last time we will get the chance to hear their tunes for free. An official album release through a regular label will be the next choice.

Thomas Ehrmann

Thomas Ehrmann

Related reviews / interviews:
DEMOLISHER - Enter The Suffering (Thomas Ehrmann)
DEMOLISHER - Plague District (Luxi Lahtinen)

Leave a Reply