DEMOLITION
Relict IV
(Twilight Zone Records)
36:24min

Is this the same DEMOLITION from Austria? I really cannot believe it! I have somewhere around another CD by them and although it was an enjoyable Deathrash release, at the end it was collecting dust in the shelf. It seems that this is their first recording where they use 2 guitar players and I suppose that has a lot to do with the new sound. Also I find the vocals to be quite more aggressive. They still have the same style, you can listen to it, but then again they have developed and found a way of composing catchy yet heavy Deathrash on the 11 songs that appear here, actually they went a bit more into the Death Metal realm this time, which is really a wise thing to do, as besides also avoiding them to be mistaken as another Thrash band, it has given a much needed boost to their sound. If I have to compare them, early MALEVOLENT CREATION, DMOLITION HAMMER and SADUS comes to mind, with really catchy lines. On the other hand, some might mistake this as melo-Death Metal and compare them to bands like THE BLACK DHALIA MURDER or DETONATION, and it could be easy to fall in that mistake. But to these ears, what these guys are doing (yeah, yeah, really unoriginal and all that) is quite good and deserves a chance. www.demolition.at

Julián Núñez

Julián Núñez

Leave a Reply