DEMONIZED
Demonized
(Osmose Productions)
31:09min

This is exactly the kind of record that leaves me in a state of perplexity, because of its absence of originality. To review such an album consequently becomes a very difficult task, because it is good in a sense, but not enough to be warmly recommended. DEMONIZED seems to be a side project involving people from DISGORGE and RAVAGER (if I remember well), and from what I understood this album is destined to remain a one shot. The DEMONIZED music could remind you the one of IMPIETY or of a second rate ANGEL CORPSE, you know, barbaric and blasphemous Black / Death Metal the way we are all used now. Like it is the case with too much albums these days, you will forget this one immediately after having heard it, simply because the band forgot to structure their songs with memorable moments of aural bravery. You will be confronted to a wall of sound, a discharge of pure energy and then… nothing, you don’t see the real purpose of all this. Even the artwork confirms this impression: an unreadable logotype, a goat inside a pentagram, all of this is boring now and doesn’t add anything to the Death Metal cause. I don’t want to slag down the DEMONIZED dudes because they are obviously sincere in their approach, but I can recommend this album only to the die hard collectors. A too derivative effort.

Edouard Vergriete

Edouard Vergriete

Leave a Reply