DENATA
Deathtrain
(Arctic Music Group)
28:01min

I have a lot of respect for Phil Fasciana as a musician and really admire his dedication when it’s comes to MALEVOLENT CREATION (and HATEPLOW), but I dare to say that in his other occupation as an A&R guy for Artic Music he really sucks! Except for HOMO IRATUS all the other bands he signed so far were always kinda superfluous and not even of interest for our magazine… Well, DENATA from Sweden are of interest again, as they’re playing a type of retro Death / Thrash Metal, but that doesn’t necessairly mean that the band really delivers quality. A stupid album cover, an even more uninspired looking (computer fonts) logo and extremely boring compositions of third rate KREATOR is not exactly the type of stuff that we easily spend our money on these days. And I seriously doubt that you’re freaking out on the fact that WITCHERY’s Toxine and SEANCE’s Johan have contributed some guest vocals on ‘1349’ and ‘Slaughter Machine’… DENATA might be entertaining after a couple of beers on a stage in your local youth centre, but they are far away from being ready for a CD release in the worldwide underground. It’s actually getting even more scary if you find out that “Deathtrain” is already their third output (following their self titled EP and debut full length “Departed To Hell”, on Ghoul Records)…

Frank Stöver

Frank Stöver

Leave a Reply