DENIAL
Catacombs Of The Grotesque
(Asphyxiate Recordings)
43:15min

After the successful 7″ on Blood Harvest (well in underground terms at least) DENIAL returns with a very powerful full length CD of total fuckin Swedish worship no two ways about it, and that’s great! The guitar sound reminds me a bit of CARNAGE’s on the “Dark Recollections” album, but not exactly cause nobody can touch that guitar! But these guys do a kick ass job with this whole album, not only on the guitar sound but also on the quite well-crafted songs; it seems as they put a good effort into thinking about song structures, pacing and all that good stuff that makes for a future classic album.Yeah, I think it is that good! My only kinda complaint is the intro: more than 10-30 seconds and you are pissing me off! Another 2-3 minutes song woulda been better than an intro; altough I must say that it is very spooky and reminiscent of old Mexican horror movies starring the Mexican wrestler El Santo (trust me if you were a kid in the 70s, they were scary). So to summarize: if you like great old Swedish Death Metal with just a touch of old school Mexican Death Metal, this is for you! I believe it is one of the must have / must listen to albums of 2009! Fuckin Death fuckin Metal!! www.myspace.com/denialmex, www.denial-vortex.com, www.asphyxiaterecordings.com

Luis M.L. Sallard

Luis M.L. Sallard

Related reviews / interviews:
DENIAL - Obsequies Of The Immemorial (Hacker)
DENIAL - Immense Carnage Vortex (Thomas Ehrmann)
DENIAL - Interview (Ralf Hauber)

Leave a Reply