DESDEMONIA
Paralyzed
(self-financed)
39:24min

DESDEMONIA hail from Luxemburg, a rather exotic place when it comes to extreme music. The band was founded back in 1994, and “Paralyzed” is their sophomore full length. I was unaware of the very existence of this outfit until today, and I am afraid I will forget about them once this review is finished, due to the extremely generic music they play. “Paralyzed” almost tops the 40 minutes mark, and I can guarantee these were the longest I experienced in my existence. My long Metal life has tought me that you can’t trust about the quality of albums with one-word song titles (this revealing more than often modern trendy and boring stuff), and again this homemade axiom is proved right with “Paralyzed”. The pacing of the 9 songs on offer here is rather pedestrian I must say, and personally I can’t stand this kind of mid-tempo extravaganza. All the songs are highly unmemorable to say the least, and the whole could be equated to a wall of boredom you will crash against for sure once the “play” button is pushed. Yet I have to give a special mention to vocalist Tom Dosser (who plays bass also) because of his extremely good performance, this guy could complete the line-up of more talented bands thanks to his skills. Apart from that, there is nothing really worth to mention on this album. I vaguely suppose DESDEMONIA is about Death Metal, but just thinking about it makes me tired. To sum it up: life is too short to lose time with such a release, so I consider I spare you precious minutes of your existence advising you to stay away from “Paralyzed”. A free advice to the DESDEMONIA dudes: the key of good songwriting lies in contrast, think about it next time, or quit music for ever. Contact if you dare: www.desdemonia.net.

Edouard Vergriete

Edouard Vergriete

Leave a Reply