DESTROYER 666
Terror Abraxas
(Iron Pegasus Records)
22:01min

Even though I used to like their "Unchain The Wolves" album pretty much back when it originally got released I never really cared to follow the career of DESTROYER 666 (don’t ask me why…) and therefore missed out on all of their releases afterwards. Well, if they were of a similar class as this new MCD I obviously made a big mistake, cause this five tracker really impressed me alot! It’s got a perfect old school black thrashing feel, a very sinister overall atmosphere (especially in the really moody, seven minutes long ‘Trialed By Fire’), extremely cool, raw vocals, a big DESTRUCTION influence when it comes to the guitarplaying (just check out ‘A Bleed Apart’ or ‘Terror’) and excellent songwriting in general. While many of today’s bands miserably fail in recreating the ancient feeling, DESTROYER 666 exactly managed to deliver the typical 80s vibe in the new millennium and even sound very fresh at it! Therefore this record should easily appeal to a big variety of fans: from the usual old school Thrashers to the Death / Thrash maniacs, yeah even the dedicated Black Metal lunatic might get a kick out of this as the band never sounds boring or uninspired, but always very dark and with a strong blackened attitude. Impressive!! Label contact: www.iron-pegasus.com

Frank Stöver

Frank Stöver

Related reviews / interviews:
DESTROYER 666 - King Of Kings / Lord Of The Wild (Darragh O'Leary)
DESTROYER 666 - To The Devil His Due (Sergei Pismeny)
DESTROYER 666 - Violence Is The Prince Of This World (Alan Nemthanga)
DESTROYER 666 - Cold Steel For An Iron Age (Stefan Franke )
DESTROYER 666 - Phoenix Rising (Darragh O'Leary)
DESTROYER 666 - Interview (Steven Willems)

Leave a Reply