DEVILISH IMPRESSIONS
Plurima Mortis Imago
(Conquer Records)
44:49min

Avantgarde Black Metal, that’s how this Polish outfit calls their music and here they are presenting us their first official release called “Plurima Mortis Imago” released through the British label Conquer Records. When I first read “Avantgarde Black Metal” on the release information I immediately had to think of DIMMU BORGIR and after listening to this release I have to say that they are not so far away from them (especially to their newer releases). DEVILISH IMPRESSIONS present us symphonic and atmospheric Metal music on this debut album, some might call them Black Metal, other would say Death Metal with keyboards now and then. Besides DIMMU BORGIR I also had to think on mighty BEHEMOTH which this band seems to admire a lot, too. Probably this band here is not the most original one on this planet, but they know what they are doing and their musicianship is just amazing. All of their songs are filled with details, tons of breaks, great riffs, awesome drums and overall you get a fantastic sound here. I’m pretty impressed by this outfit and really wonder what’s going on in Poland as most of the Death Metal bands I know from this country are so fuckin’ tight on their instruments and play this technical stuff without any problems. The band is touring quite a lot so check them out whenever you have the chance to do and support them by buying this piece of Avantgarde Black Metal if you are a fan of this genre! I’m sure you won’t regret it! Check out www.conquerrec.com or www.devilish-impressions.com for ordering details.

Thomas Ehrmann

Thomas Ehrmann

Related reviews / interviews:
DEVILISH IMPRESSIONS - Diabolicanos - Act III: Armageddon (Thomas Ehrmann)

Leave a Reply