DEW-SCENTED
Impact
(Nuclear Blast Records)
44:01min

Once singer Leif Jensen shouts “Go!” on opener ‘Acts Of Rage’, expect nothing but Thrash Metal fury, a no return type of trip. 11 tunes here filled with hate, anger, destructivity but most of all dexterity when it comes to write shredding / catchy riffs and that’s where once again this German band is just way way ahead in the extreme Metal field competition. “Impact” continues in the fine tradition started by “Ill-natured” a couple years ago, brilliantly followed by “Inwards” last year, no musical change, progression or crappy terms like that here that so many bands used in the past to cover most of the time a lack of creativity, betraying at the same time their fans (EXODUS, DARK ANGEL, SEPULTURA, PESTILENCE, ENTOMBED etc etc.), just majestic sonic annihilation. This said I had hoped that less numbers would have found their way here like nine and they would have come out a bit more distinguishable from each other which is not entirely the case with some songs sounding a bit like fillers. But this is minor criticism which get blown away once you put on the totally ripping ‘Cities Of The Dead’ or ‘Slaughtervain’ (GOD!) for example. Now just forget about THE HAUNTED (and their rather sloppy new album; guess I don’t need to mention the once masters SLAYER, as they don’t belong to the Metal category anymore), DEW-SCENTED are the worldwide kings of Thrash Metal these days and I encourage everyone to support them because again they have proved that they have delivered the best, unlike billion others who would like to (and think they do) but simply fail. Don’t change anything guys!

Laurent Ramadier

Laurent Ramadier

Related reviews / interviews:
DEW-SCENTED - Insurgent (David Simonton)
DEW-SCENTED - Intermination (Michael Kujawska)
DEW-SCENTED - Icarus (Thomas Meyer)
DEW-SCENTED - Issue VI (Laurent Ramadier )
DEW-SCENTED - Inwards (Frank Stöver )
DEW-SCENTED - Interview (Frank Stöver)

Leave a Reply