THRONEUM is one of those bands who are releasing so many recordings that it is very difficult to keep track and for me "Deathcult Conspiracy" is even the first release from them. Their newest output is their 5th full-length recording (next to many many split recordings) and a quite professional still carrying the typical underground mood in their music and sound. Comparison to bands as NECROVORE, NIHILIST, ASPHYX, ORDER FROM CHAOS, BESTIAL WARLUST and others where done by their label on the infosheet of this recording and tell much but not really something concrete. THRONEUM play ugly Metal in the grey area between Death and Black Metal. This is music each regular Heavy Metal fan who uses to listen to common releases will hate. Fashion-Death-Metal-kids will hate it, too, as it is a release without any nice harmonies and melodies and therefore meant to be listened by the dedicated underground crowd. Something the band can most likely live very well with. "Deathcult Conspiracy" is a quality release with a certain new-DARKTHRONE-atmosphere and if that makes them commercial, ok! Serious, a release like this is not recommended to everyone and I would like you to have a listen to some of their songs on their myspace page www.myspace.com/throneum before ordering it blindly. I'm sure that for those to which their songs appeal to will like the whole recording a lot as it is a pretty good one. Others might not and that's fine, too. Available at www.pagan-records.com.
- THRONEUM / THE LIGHT OF THE DARK - Brotherhood In Darkness - by Stefan Franke
- THE REBELLION / THRONEUM - Channelling the Vortex Through... - by F. Cthulhu E.
- THRONEUM - Deathmass Of The Gravedancer - by Tim Klöcker
- THRONEUM - Decade Of Necrostuprumical Madness - by Ulrich Kreienbrink
- THRONEUM - Old Death's Lair - by Edouard Vergriete
- THRONEUM - The Unholy Ones - by Amin
- THRONEUM / REVELATION OF DOOM - Total Regression - by Mirco Szymyslik